Time and stress management
OverviewThis one-day course looks at the causes of time and stress management difficulties and offers concrete and practical solutions. By managing their time more effectively, participants will be able to make a greater contribution to your organisation’s goals – they will be more effective at work but will still be able to achieve a sensible work / life balance.
Training objectivesAs a result of this course, participants will:
- Have a clear understanding of stress and what causes it
- Be able to highly effective personal strategies, plans and techniques to deal with stress
- Gain a clearer picture of their priorities, both in work and outside
- Learn how to link their short, medium and long-term goals
- Be able to manage and control interruptions and behave more assertively
- Make an informed choice about the best diary system for them and be able to apply simple, practical principles of diary management
- Make better use of their time by making fewer lists but doing more of the things on them!
AudienceThis course is appropriate for all levels of staff.
FormatA one-day programme packed with survival techniques for busy people.
The expert trainer
Nick is an outstanding trainer with over 15 years’ experience in major ‘blue chip’ organisations. He worked in HR, training and sales management for such organisations as Honda, Raychem, W H Smith and Filofax before starting his own consultancy and training business in 1999. He now works in partnership with organisations of all sizes and runs both in-company courses / workshops and public / open programmes nationwide. His clients include BT, RBS, Taylor Woodrow, Hawksmere, Capita, Teacher Training Agency, The Duchy of Cornwall, Hampshire Police and a host of others. A very popular trainer, continually following and embracing new ideas and best practice, he is particularly adept at sharing his own very effective approach to presentation skills. See what course participants and learning and development managers say about him:
‘A big, big thanks for your two sessions today – they went down a storm!’ Oxford Magnet Technology
‘Nick was a brilliant trainer and got our most reluctant employees to participate and enjoy the day.’ Orion Cleaning Group
‘Of all the training courses I have attended over the years (and there have been a few), this was the most consistently relevant.’ Sennheiser
‘Nick was excellent; challenging, risk-taking, thought-provoking!’ Peugeot Motor Company
- Stress in an organisational context
- Where does stress come from?
- What is the impact on your organisation?
- Trends in recent years
- The psychology and physiology of stress
- What is pressure; what is stress?
- Causes and effects of pressure and stress
- Recognising and reducing my sources of stress
- The pressure management habit
- Signs and symptoms of stress
- The 4 way stress model
- Strategies, plans and techniques for coping with stress
- The communication file structure
- Circles of influence and circles of concern
- SMARTER objective setting
- The importance of achieving control
- Goal setting at work and at home
- Balancing work and home
- Building a goal tree
- Achieving the right balance of progress and maintenance
- Parkinson’s law
- Time stealers and other external factors
- Effective meeting structures
- Managing interruptions
- 30 ways to make more time
- Effective diary management
- Prioritising your work
- Scheduling techniques
- Using your diary to say ‘no!’