Microsoft Excel – advanced skills
OverviewOne of the most popular and yet underused applications in the Microsoft Office suite. Whatever your role in the business, Excel has become a vital way to create, manage, and interpret data allowing you to analyse it and make decisions critical to the success of your business.
Training objectivesBy the end of the course, you will be confident in using some of Excel’s more advanced features. You will be able to do more complex “what if” scenarios and use conditional formula and pivot tables to manipulate information.
In particular you will be able to:
- Move around a spreadsheet speedily using range names and even use them in formula to make them easier to read
- Use the auditing feature to check where the errors such as DIV?0 or NAME come from
- Create calculations based on conditions. For example, add a £10 bonus to all staff who have achieved results above target
- Use Hlookup and Vlooukup functions. For example, to look up how much poll tax should I pay based on the value of my house?
- Use Filters and Pivot Tables to help manipulate your data to find only the data you are interested in and make it easier to read
- Create macros to automate your work
- Assign a button on a toolbar to a macro to make it easier to use
AudienceAnyone who has been using Excel for budgets and managing information.
The training is very practical and objective that will have been prepared in advance to suit the skill levels and role of each individual within the class. The focus is on improving on what you already know but showing you more efficient ways of working to make you more productive. Participants are openly encouraged to discuss real-life examples from their own situations where they may be struggling with their IT applications so that they leave with personalised resolutions.Each element of the course includes:
- High-quality training presentation
- Group exercises and team activities
- High degree of participation and interaction
Become more organised and connected with our up-to-date and real life scenario training to help make you more productive and skilful in the workplace
Our courses can be tailored to include any specialist topics such as advanced telephone skills, dealing with complaints, internal planning, etc., according to organisational need or the skill level of the participants.
Course outline1 Design and further advanced functions
- Partial absolute cell references
- Using paste function
- Good design principles
- Range name
- Auditing your worksheet
- Using the ‘If’ function
- Vlookup or Hlookup
- Pivot tables
- Running and recording macros
- Relative v Absolute
- Assigning a macro to a button on a toolbar