The most complete and comprehensive sales development workshop. Whatever your business; whatever you sell; regardless of your current level of sales expertise, experience or results, this sales development event will move you into the fast lane of sales success.
‘Sales Success’ is a universal model of excellence in selling, based on many years of research and work with top salespeople from many different industries.
Training objectivesThis powerful and practical sales workshop will help you:
- Give each and every prospect or customer a better experience – to truly differentiate by how you sell, not just what you sell
- Use proven sales techniques that really work – the secrets of top sales performers and persuaders
- Develop new levels of confidence and credibility when communicating with and influencing others in a sales situation
- Win with word-power – how to use indirect suggestion, careful phrasing, metaphor and embedded commands with great effect
- Use humour as a deliberate and positive tool in communication and rapport building
- Speed up decision-making and communication by understanding people’s thinking process and mental syntax
- Improve your personal and persuasive presentation skills – gaining the winning edge in self-projection
- Position yourself and your ideas, concept or solution in the mind of the person you are influencing indirectly
- Listen – focused listening will help you understand the other person’s hidden psychology and sub-conscious emotional messages
- Pull not push – use questioning techniques that lead people (motivate) rather than push them (manipulate)
- Learn the insider’s guide to instant influence – proven principles of almost irresistible influence, plus the most compelling ways to present your proposal, price and products
- ‘Sell’ anything to anyone to anyone using ‘sense-sational suggestion’
- Uncover different unconscious buying preferences and decision strategies in your customers
- Master subtle and elegant ways to use words, voice tone and body language more effectively and efficiently to move people closer to your ideas and break through mental blocks and resistance
- Create enthusiasm appropriately and naturally
- Influence others more quickly, more effectively and with elegance and integrity
AudienceAnyone involved in sales, sales management, account development or new business acquisition. This sales training programme is uniquely suitable for both experienced sales professionals and those approaching the subject for the first time – it is specifically designed to help you build on your current level of experience and expertise, so no matter what your starting point you can still benefit enormously from this powerful approach.
FormatA highly interactive and motivational one-day workshop for a maximum group size of 12.
Many of the ideas, models and techniques are exclusive and unique to the ‘Sales Success’ programme. They are based on a lifetime of experience in sales and sales training. Each participant will be able to complete a Sales Success Personal Profile. This will help them assess their current style and will serve as a starting point for further personal development.
This one-day workshop is based around a series of structured planning, practical application and discussion activities. It allows participants to experiment, polish and refine their skills as well as learn new techniques. In addition, they will gain new insights into themselves, their customers and the inner workings of the sales process.
To ensure total relevance and effective transfer of learning and skills the expert trainer will tailor the workshop around your company, your products, your business sector, your sales processes and your sales team’s level of knowledge and experience.
The expert trainer
Graham specialises in providing high-quality consultancy, coaching and training in sales, sales management, customer service and personal productivity. He has a long career in sales and was a top-performing IT and solutions sales professional and sales manager before setting up his own consultancy. His most recent full-time role was as Managing Director of Sales Productivity and Development for Thomson Financial, helping develop a large European sales force.
His work has taken him all over the world and involved him in working closely with hundreds of different organisations from all business sectors, his client list including such organisations as BT, Vodafone, AT&T, Orange, Pfizer, GSK, Boots, Unilever, American Express, Thomas Cook, Apple, Sony, Motorola, Cisco, MFI, Barclays Bank, LIFFE, Abbey National, Prison Service, Home Office, Law Society, BBC, Daimler-Chrysler, Citroen, Weetabix, Nikon, Shell and many, many others. In addition he has written over twenty books published in several different countries, including Companies don’t succeed – people do!, 90 Brain Teasers for Trainers, Customer Service Games for Training, Sales Training Games, Telephone Tactics and Working Smarter.
Known internationally as both a trainer and a popular motivational speaker, he believes that effective learning has to be interactive and challenging. All his learning events are built around practical exercises, role play and case studies. His training style focuses not on just explaining new ideas or developing new skills, but also on motivating people to use them and to develop themselves as individuals. This approach gets results, as the following comments from course participants show:
‘Brilliant course, really interesting and very focused to my job role and day to day work.’
‘Took away some very good ideas that I can use every day… good examples too.’
‘Very confident in the subject, and amusing too. Made the course very interesting. A very clear sales model to use going forward.’
‘Full of useful hints and tips which I will apply to my job.’
‘Extremely well presented and structured’
‘A very intensive course and a lot of concrete tools provided.’
‘Useful data, tools and insights; engaging and interesting as always.’
‘Very good… contained everything we do on a regular basis and problems we have come across… the exercises made it very interesting too.’
Course outlineSales Success 1: Image and advanced communication skills
- How to develop new levels of confidence and credibility – use an instant and little known technique
- Using humour on purpose as a positive tool in communication and rapport building
- Personal and persuasive presentation skills – gaining the winning edge in self-projection
- Positioning yourself and your solution in the mind of the customer
- How to best structure any communication – and how to get ‘in sync’ with the customer’s buying cycle
- Creating a compelling capability statement to advance opportunities more quickly and with greater certainty
- Understand the psychology of buying behaviour and decision-making and use it structure your sales messages more effectively
- New levels of responsiveness in dealing with different customer personalities
- How to connect, converse, convince and close anyone using ‘sales versatility’
- Uncovering different unconscious buying preferences in your customers
- Creativity in problem-solving, prospecting, positioning and proposing
- Self-directed learning and continuous professional development – a personal skills audit and sales success profile
- How to stop selling and help customers buy through advanced consultative, diagnostic and criteria questioning skills
- A seven-step model to move the customer from thinking to doing, whilst maintaining low pressure and a high-quality customer experience
- Using your personal power to help project empathy, create enthusiasm and generate confidence appropriately and naturally through pacing and leading
- Skills of assertiveness and boldness; dealing with rejection and failure
- Strategies of perseverance and maintaining a positive mental attitude
- Managing time, resources and relationships for best results
- Maintaining high levels of energy and self-motivation
- Use the power of outcome-based reasoning by helping customers articulate their buying motivations
- Reframing objections, concerns and price negations using proven phrases and techniques
- Developing and keeping a high self-image and self-ideal
- Gaining repeat business through trust and loyalty from continuing customer relationships and referrals
- How to set clear performance goals for motivation and focus
- Overcoming blocks to achievement and winning complex sales
- Creating empowering beliefs and using this to drive your behaviour and add value to your sales process