Microsoft Word training – the essentials
Microsoft Office Word has come a long way since its debut in the early 80s. Yet so many of our students had rarely explored its wealth of features and functions before working with us.
Choose from half- or a full- days training designed specifically to suit the requirements of your business and the skill levels of your team.
Training objectivesIn particular, you will be able to:
- Create, save, close, open, and print documents
- Change the way your text looks to make headings and other important information stand out and then copy this formatting from one heading to another
- Get Word to spell check your document
- Move and copy sections of text around the document and into other documents
- Alter the layout of the page, change margins and use page breaks
- Create a list with automatic bullet points (just like this) or numbers
- Add standard text and page numbers to the top and bottom of each page of your document
AudienceAll users of IT within the workplace but particularly useful for those within the sales, customer service, management, and operational areas of a business.
FormatThe training is very practical and objective that will have been prepared in advance to suit the skill levels and role of each individual within the class. The focus is on improving on what you already know but showing you more efficient ways of working to make you more productive. Participants are openly encouraged to discuss real-life examples from their own situations where they may be struggling with their IT applications so that they leave with personalised resolutions.
Each element of the course includes:
- High-quality training presentation
- Group exercises and team activities
- High degree of participation and interaction
Special featuresBecome more organised and connected with our up-to-date and real life scenario training to help make you more productive and skilful in the workplace
Our courses can be tailored to include any specialist topics such as advanced telephone skills, dealing with complaints, internal planning, etc., according to organisational need or the skill level of the participants.
The expert trainerShelley has more than a dozen years’ experience in helping people to get more from their computers. After working for an IT training organisation Shelley decided to ‘do her own thing’ when she realised the limitations of delivering standard courses.
Shelley and her team have worked hard to achieve accreditation by the Learning and Performance Institute for the IT Training Surgery, as a recognised high quality provider of IT training.
Shelley is highly visible on social media and has a reputation as the source of an endless stream of tips and techniques. She has a legion of raving fans who are confident that she can find a quick way to do virtually anything.
Course outline1 The ‘ribbon’ and interface
- Creating new documents
- Entering and deleting text
- Saving, closing and opening documents
- Moving around within your document
- Print preview and printing
- Selecting text
- Font and font size
- Bold, italic and underline
- Text alignment
- Undo, redo
- Spell check
- Format painter
- Cut, copy and paste
- Working with more than one document
- Bulleted and numbered lists
- Selective printing
- Normal view and page layout view
- Headers and footers including page numbering
- Page breaks