Outstanding contact centre management
Contact centre management is a demanding role, requiring regular skills review and development. This thoroughly practical, rigorous programme should be an essential element of your training programme if you intend to retain and develop your contact centre team leaders, supervisors and managers.
Training objectivesHaving attended this event, participants will be better able to:
- Understand the critical success factors in successful contact centre management
- Define the competencies required for Call Handlers / Agents
- Demonstrate the people management skills required to operate in a contact centre environment
- Work with business measures to produce and evaluate management reports and act on them effectively
Senior call handlers, team leaders / supervisors and managers.
This three-day course uses a mixture of formal tutor inputs, practical exercises, case studies and tutor-facilitated discussion.
The programme can be delivered in a two-day format, at the expense of some of the exercises and case studies, although this does inevitably diminish the impact of the learning experience and its practical application in the workplace.
The expert trainer
Jocelyn is a highly experienced and very popular management trainer. After fifteen years as a training manager within blue-chip organisations such as Mars, she established her own consultancy in 1998. A passionate advocate of training for a reason, Jocelyn has a practical approach to training which focuses on giving participants and organisations relevant knowledge and skills improvement which is immediately transferable to the workplace.
A published author of training materials (including Contact Centre Management), her many clients cover an impressive range of sectors, including manufacturing, telecoms, retail, film and music, local authorities and universities. Equally impressive is their appreciation of her work, as the following comments show:
‘I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for the recent telephone training course that you prepared and tutored for my Customer Services Department. The content was well received, and accurately reflected the day to day issues that occur on a busy desk. I have since reorganised the department to take advantage of the new professionalism… and it has made a big difference. Given the success of the proactive telephone selling course you prepared and ran for me a few years ago … I just knew it would be a success.’ Philips
‘This was clearly an excellent course. It really brought the best out of the managers. You’ve given them a foundation for the rest of their working lives.’ PPL
‘I would like to take the opportunity of thanking you for the way you worked with us to make a great success of the induction programme for the Centre. It was a pleasure working with you in partnership.’ One 2 One
- The outstanding contact centre
- Defining standards
- Defining the skills of a successful Call Handler
- Key people issues – part one
- Using appropriate recruitment techniques
- Appraising performance: rewarding ‘good’ results; correcting substandard performance; using disciplinary procedures
- Managing staffing levels
- Planning for disaster recovery
- Managing the calls
- Monitoring ‘quantities’ of calls
- Rating the quality of call handling
- Handling escalated calls / issues and complaints
- Key people issues – part two
- Motivating call handlers; motivational questionnaire
- Retaining excellent staff
- Coaching skills
- Identifying training and development needs
- Key process issues
- Working with technology
- Re-engineering processes
- Presenting and promoting your function – reporting on performance in business terms
- Open forum
- Action planning